Thursday 15 December 2011

Blogger Challenge - Three Outfits from One

Lyrical Popstar issued a challenge on her blog today and I thought I'd give it a try. In her own words, "The challenge is to find one item, and create a minimum of 3 different looks with that same item." The point was to help us all keep to our SL budgets, which is kind of laughable in my case, but without buying anything new, I did manage to put together three looks from my wardrobe.


Look One:

This is the base look. I picked up this darling cocoa brown Ingenue dress with a mesh skirt panel at Collabor88 (now there's a way to stick to a budget). The Dark Mouse earrings, necklace, and bracelet, Shiny Things shoes and Elikatira hair complete the look. It's elegant but not fussy.



Look Two:
Now it's a skirt! To change it up a little I layered this beige mesh sweater from J.H. Couture over the dress. I added fuzzy coffee colored tights from Jane. Because they're wonderful for winter layering, I have a whole fatpack of these tights. The gorgeous mesh hair from Wasabi Pills comes with the color change scarf. I found these great green suede boots from a fairly new to me store called Go!



Look Three:
Now it's a cami! Ah, Jane, where would my wardrobe be without you? The oh so casual mesh barn jacket and mesh jeans from Jane are more basics of my wardrobe. Her fatpacks are such a bargain that I have all colors of both. The hair and mesh boots are from Lelutka, and I switched to another pair of earrings from Dark Mouse because the hair screamed for earrings.

I know for a fact that I've just scratched the surface of the outfit options for this dress. I feel so clever when I put together looks from inventory, but I think three pictures is enough for this post. Thanks for issuing the challenge, Lyrical!

5 comments:

  1. Giggles... Now you need a post on how you manage to keep all this stuff organized so you can find it! Love all three looks. I think i am going to need those shorty boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organized? Moi? You're kidding, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is great!! I especially loveee look #2!! That is adorable and great for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my fave too, Lyrical! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all, uniquely Dolly styled.

    ReplyDelete