Wednesday 6 March 2013

Perfection is the Enemy of Creation


I can't decide.  There is a photo contest for Glam Affair's Amberly skin.  Win, place or lose, photo contests can be lots of fun.  Like blog challenges, they push you to experiment a bit and then to focus on something in particular.  In this case it's a skin that I really love.  I've taken several photos of it.  Though I can submit two photos, I'm not sure which two I like.  Is a SLink hand in the first picture a no no?  Is there enough face in the second one?  Is the third photo a little flat because the shadows are so soft?

More often than I like to admit, my favorite photos happen by surprise. I take lots of pictures from different angles and in different windlight settings.  Some things work, some don't.  I'm not to the point where I can follow a set of procedures and turn out consistent work.  However, I think my skills have improved with experimentation.  I'm not perfect and neither are my photos, but a wise woman once paraphrased Voltaire when she said, "Perfection is the enemy of creation."  Who?  I forget.  I already said I wasn't perfect.

Credits:

Glam Affair Amberly Skin America number 11 and bare

Lelutka Hair Lillian
 PiDiddle Kitty Bow Peep Band (at the Arcade Gacha Event)

Truth Hair London
Remarkable Oblivion Crown

Lelutka Hair Canto (fades)
 LaGyo Beret

No comments:

Post a Comment