Thursday 16 January 2014

About the Booty

We all have a love/hate relationship with our Second Life rears, don't we? We love that we can control the shape and we hate how the default avatar gives us weird pointy edges. I was tempted to try the new mesh booty from Luck Inc. called Phat Azz, but I could tell it wouldn't look right on my slender avatar. But when the same creator, CK Winx, released a new version called Cute Azz for us less bootylicious ladies, I decided to try it.

The Glam Affair applier blends seamlessly, so it's easy to forget that I'm wearing mesh from the waist down. It works with my SLink feet though I went down a foot size for a seamless fit. I adjusted my shape for the look, reducing body fat and belly to 0 so there would be no overhang. I lengthened my hips a little which made my Cute Azz look more natural to my eye.

Unlike my SLink mesh hands and feet, this is not a mesh item I would wear every day. There are appliers to cover it, but I've been over the painted-on-clothing look since mesh hit the grid and I'm not going back. This mesh ass is a photo prop for me and as such it is a little pricey at $1200 L plus the price of skin appliers. I tried a lot of poses and discovered that while my new Cute Azz didn't do that bizarre flattening that our default booties do in certain poses, it did have its own minor issues, mostly in seated poses at the joints of the hips to the legs.

So, while it's not the perfect answer to our default booties, it does improve over the default avatar rear in many respects (and at many angles).

Credits:

Luck Inc - Cute Azz
Maxi Gossamer - Ring - Royal Khadijah Estate - Large
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands
Slink AvEnhance Feet High
Slink Mesh eyelids (alpha) (photo prop)
Slink Priscilla Plateau Heels Black
LeLutka - NEW hair - AuburnHaze
Glam Affair - Vera skin - America - FLF E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment